Posts by :
Art for Air Contest – Grand Prize $500 -Vote
View the artwork and vote at this link:
PUBLIC VOTING OPEN FOR “ART FOR AIR” CONTEST TO PROMOTE AWARENESS ON HEALTHY AIR
$500 Grand Prize
VALLEJO, CALIF. (March 17, 2021) — The Vallejo Citizen Air Monitoring Network (VCAMN) invites the public to vote on entries in the “Art for Air” contest. Artists of all ages have provided entries to show their love for clean air with art.
The Grand Prize is a $500 cash prize. Other prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the 5-12, 13-17, and 18+ age groups. All entrants currently have their work portrayed on the VCAMN website. The contest winners will have their work receive additional recognition and be shared with public officials.
“Art is another way to communicate what is important. We hope our contest will help raise awareness about how clean air is important to our environment. We also will learn about how people of different ages think about healthy air,” said Dr. Trina Mackie, Associate Professor of Public Health at Touro University California.
HOW TO VOTE:
- Click the link to the online art gallery and voting instructions. http://citizenairmonitoringnetwork.org/art-for-air-contest-voting/
- Vote by Tuesday April 20 at 11:59 PM
Winners will be announced online on Earth Day, April 22, 2021.
About the Vallejo Citizen Air Monitoring Network
The Vallejo Citizen Air Monitoring Network is a non-profit group focused on raising awareness about air quality and helping citizens of Vallejo understand how air quality affects them. This project was supported by the “California Climate Investments” (CCI) program. Visit www.citizenairmonitoringnetwork.org or email email@example.com for more information.
HOW TO VOTE
- Review the art. Pick your top 3 entries in each age group.
- Rank them as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on a piece of paper. Do this for each
- Also, pick 1 entry as your Grand Prize winner. It may be any
- Click the voting button to go to the ballot.
- Enter the rank (1, 2, or 3) for your winners in each group. Also enter your grand prize winner!
- Answer some optional questions or skip them.
- When done, click the button at page bottom to “submit your vote.”
- One ballot per person. If family members in the same household will vote, have each use a different device (e.g., smart phone, tablet, computer).
- Votes are due by Tuesday April 20 at 11:59 PM
- Tell others about the contest so they can vote too!
- Revise el arte. Elija lo que para usted sean sus 3 mejores piezas de arte en cada categoría de edad.
- Clasifíquelos como 1er, 2do y 3er lugar en una hoja de papel. Haga esto para cada categoría.
- Además, elija 1 pieza de arte como su ganador del Gran Premio. Puede ser cualquier imagen.
- Haga clic en el botón de votación para ir a la boleta.
- Ingrese el rango (1, 2 o 3) para sus ganadores en cada categoría. ¡También ingrese su ganador del gran premio!
- Responda a algunas preguntas opcionales u omítalas
- Cuando termine, haga clic en el botón en la parte inferior de la página para “enviar su voto”.
- Una papeleta por persona. Si los miembros de la familia en el mismo hogar van a votar, haga que cada uno use un dispositivo diferente (por ejemplo, teléfono inteligente, tableta, o computadora).
- Las votaciones vencen el martes 20 de abril a las 11:59 p.m.
- ¡Comparta a otros sobre el concurso para que ellos también puedan votar!
Topic: Air Quality During COVID
By: Dr. Trina Mackie of Touro University
Time: Nov 4, 2020 05:30 – 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) with Q&A session afterward
How does the smoke affect our health
How it changes our risk from COVID
How to read the maps and monitors
How to keep yourself safe
Other actions to take
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 841 1156 1601
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/
Earn Community Service Volunteer Hours with Vallejo Citizen Air Monitoring Network
Build public speaking skills, get letters of recommendation, and be a part of making Vallejo’s environment safer and healthier. Volunteers will get training on local air quality issues and their health impacts. They will learn about basic video composition and create video presentations to disseminate to peers and social networks. Volunteers will be involved in information outreach and dissemination in virtual formats.
The hours and start date are flexible. The expectation is roughly 1-2 hours each week for 2-4 months.
Gain technical training and hands-on experience with air quality monitor installation. Configure WiFi adaptors and connect routers. Be a part of a community driven effort to improve the air and the environment in Vallejo. Get letters of recommendation, leadership development, and enhance your professional profile.
The hours and start date are flexible. The expectation would be for a commitment of 6 months, averaging 5 hours a month
Welcome to the Vallejo Citizen Air Monitoring Network (VCAMN). We are a group of Vallejo residents working to make the air and environment better for all here in our community. We have monthly meetings open to all, and we welcome a diverse participation from all Vallejo residents including the voices of our youth. We have worked to build a network of air monitors in Vallejo to help us know when there is unsafe air around us, and to help us learn about potential problems and advocate for change to make our air and our health better.